Welcome to my second blog, which is a lighthearted look at my adventures whilst out watching and photographing wildlife and birds in North Somerset. I hope my stories make you smile whilst highlighting the wonderful and diverse wildlife present in the North Somerset area.

You can also see my garden project which includes gardening for wildlife here:- http://higgysgardenproject.blogspot.com/

Thursday, December 31, 2015

2016 A New Year with New Intentions.....

Having not posted on here for a long, long time I thought that it was about time that I resurrected this blog and started to try and find some time to write about my adventures whilst out watching and photographing wildlife in North Somerset and of course the slightly wider county of Somerset that North Somerset sits within.

The last couple of years have been quite difficult as I have been waiting for a much needed hip replacement which was being delayed due to my young age.

In September 2015 I at last had my hip replacement and mostly, it has to be said, due to the fact that I was struggling to walk than anything else!

Leading up to the operation I was off work for several weeks and used the time out walking as much as I could to try and prepare for the op and it was hoped to aid my recovery afterwards. The time after the operation recuperating has proved difficult and generally a slow process with a few complications thrown in just to add a few extra challenges to the process!

This time away from the stresses of work and the world in general has given me time to reassess a few areas of my life and certainly cemented my true love for wildlife and particularly the wildlife and countryside on my own doorstep in this beautiful part of the country.

Whilst laid up I have also done a fair amount of voluntary tasks for my local wildlife group such as building a website and writing a few reports and short stories for our newsletter. It is whilst doing these tasks that I felt getting this blog back up and running and sharing some of my writing and of course adventures whilst out and about would be a good idea and I hope of interest to few.

In the posts following this one I will try to keep you up to date with trips out that have be significant or a bit of fun whilst sharing some of the postings written for the newsletter. I hope that you enjoy them......

Thanks

Higgy

No comments:

Post a Comment